My super secret world famous cheesecake recipe.
Guard it with your life
- 3 pounds of cream cheese(room temp)
- 1 1/2 c white sugar
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Blend the cream
- cheese, sugar, and flour. No lumps whatsoever.
- Add a cup of cream,
- and scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is incorporated. You don't
- need to bite into a lump of flour.
- Mix till smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Scape down the sides.
- Don't overmix. Just enough. Over mixed eggs incorporate more air which contributes to big cheesecake cracks.
Oh yeah, the crust.
So you want a crispy Graham cracker crust. Well, you really better pat it down on a circle of parchment paper.
Or it will come apart after you flip the buckle of the springform pan.
- Yes, spend the extra time. Cut a 10inch circle of parchment paper and lay it in the bottom of the pan. Then mix these ingredients good.
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker dust
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- Mix in a bowl.
- Should look like wet sand. Press and press again into the sides of the pan.
- Press like your life depends on it.
- Bake at 350 for at least till it looks done.
- That's at least 3 shades darker than when it was unbaked. Guesstimate! I don't know the exact color? Don't burn it.
- Oh yeah, this goes in a 10-in springform pan in case I didn't mention it earlier.
Everyone's oven is different. So here's where it gets complicated.
- I don't use a water bath. I bake at a lower temp. instead. At work in my high functioning convection oven I bake it at 275 degrees for 75 minutes. But
- you don't have that type of foo foo oven. You have some regular homeowners run of the mill type oven So when I used my oven at home I did 90 mins at 300 degrees.
- The cheesecake will wiggle a tiny tad. Not a whole lot. It's not going to dome either. Say a prayer and take it out. If you have a funny feeling put it back in for another
- 15 mins. That should do the trick. Chill for at least 8 hours.
- The toppings and flavor options are endless for this recipe.
- Bacon-yes bacon Smoked salmon and dill-probably should omit the sugar and Graham cracker crust in this variation
- When in doubt just add chocolate.
Do you need a custom cake or catering for your office, meeting, birthday, wedding anniversary, or another special occasion?
See our latest shots and featured menu items here and contact us for a custom order: www.tessascakescreations.com
email@example.com or 757.572.1573
738 W 22nd St Unit 5 Norfolk, VA 23517 United States
#catering #instafood #cookies #tessascreations #norfolk #visitnorfolk #norfolkva #ghentnorfolk #seenorfolkva #norfolkwedding #norfolkwaterside #weddingcakes #weddingcake #visitghentnorfolk #norfolkrestaurant #757catering #757reastaurant #locallymade #7