Loving this quick weeknight pulled pork in the crockpot - great for sandwiches, street tacos and more!
See the recipe here:
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 4 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1 tablespoons paprika
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon ground mustard
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• 4 pounds pork shoulder, excess fat trimmed and cut into 3-inch chunks
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, divided
• 1 (18-ounce) bottle favorite bbq sauce, we love Stubb's
• In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, mustard, cayenne pepper, cumin and pepper. Season pork with brown sugar mixture.
• Heat canola oil; working in two batches, add pork and cook until evenly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
• Stir in chicken stock and 4 tablespoons vinegar, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 40 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
• Remove pork shoulder from the Instant Pot® and shred the meat using two forks; stir in remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and season with salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.