How about trying a delicious recipe for "Cranberry Orange Christmas Cookies"? These festive cookies are perfect for the holiday season.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, orange zest, and orange juice until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries and nuts (if using).
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, you can dust them with powdered sugar for a festive touch.
These Cranberry Orange Christmas Cookies are sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering. Enjoy baking and sharing them with your loved ones!